Monday, November 22, 2010

Harry Potter and Pho Hoa Noodle House

It's the third Saturday of the month again and it's time for me and my good friend Therese to meet.  After almost a month of pure work we definitely deserve this break.  Harry Potter was showing that weekend so it was a no brainer what we were going to watch.  For some reason it didn't hit me to reserve tickets early.  I learned my lesson during Harry Potter 2.  Me and an old friend of mine (a guy) went mall hopping in Manila to try to get some tickets for the movie.  We just decided to watch that day and found the tickets are all sold out.  We took a taxi and went to another mall just to find out it was sold out as well.  From then on I always reserve tickets almost a month in advance for a Harry Potter movie.  Well good thing Therese and I found some seats the day before the showing.  It wasn't the best schedule but it will do.  It was around 11am so we won't have time to take lunch on our usual schedule.  We just have to take it after the movie.

The movie itself was good.  I'm glad we get to watch in Glorietta 4 Cinema 3. I love the crowd there and the screen fairly big.  Sounds were great too but this time it was too loud I think but it was only for a short while because the greater part of the movie was pretty silent.  This Harry Potter movie was quiet.  Well what do you expect three people can do?  Since the protagonists didn't go to Hogwarts this year it's only Harry, Hermione and Ron who were shown in most parts of the movie.  The movie is also catered to mature audiences now.  Well the little kids who watched part 1 are probably grown up now as well.  The movie was dark and sad.  I can't see how it will have a happy ending on the second part.  Hehe I didn't read the last book.  I wanted to watch the movie first so I won't have too many expectations.  There are funny moments as well and on the last part was the funniest -- only to be finished with a very sad end.  I can't help but sigh but it was a good and unforgettable movie.  First time I saw the protagonists almost naked.  My eyes @_@!  I hope the last part would be much, much better.

Well Therese decided where to have our lunch this time.  I couldn't come up with anything at the moment.  She said we could eat at Pho Hoa Noodle House in Greenbelt 1.  It's Vietnamese.  I've eaten in Pho Bac way back in college and liked their dishes.  My favorite was Caramelized pork loin.  I've never heard of Pho Hoa until Therese mentioned it.  She said she had eaten there and had a good experience.  So there we went to have lunch at almost 3PM in the afternoon.  On our way to the restaurant I've come to realize that Greenbelt 1 is so much neater now.  They must have renovated it since it's already connected to Greenbelt 5.  It doesn't seem like an old building now unlike a few months back. 

Pho Hoa Noodle House
The restaurant like the mall is neat and cozy.  I was a bit surprised.  I was expecting an old noodle house when Therese mentioned it was in Greenbelt 1.  I really like the ambiance here.  So cozy!

I ordered the Kung Pao Chicken and Therese ordered noodles and some spring rolls.  Hehe I have to ask her again what she ordered and update this website :P.  I know Kung Pao is a Chinese dish but they have a variety of Chinese and Vietnamese dishes in their menu which makes it great as well. Pics are below.  I have to apologize I forgot to take a nice pic before eating. Lol!  I guess I was hungry.  Oh did I say I love what I ordered?  It's just the right spicy sweet and crunch I was looking for ^_^. Great dish!  I recommend going to munchpunch.com if you want to check out their menu.

Kung Pao Chicken

Pho Hoa noodles and spring rolls




No comments: